You reach for your favorite skin moisturizer and at that moment realize it’s empty! It’s not as easy as it was a few months ago when you could get in your car and quickly replace it at your local drugstore, department store or favorite retailer…If you don’t have another one stored in your cabinet, it can take days before a replacement arrives. In the meantime, look in your kitchen for a quick fix and you’ll be happy you did.
Taking care of the skin on your face should be a priority. Beauty products range in price and quality and regardless of what your personal preference is- there are some household items that can fill in the gaps when your products run low unexpectedly, or you are on a budget for Just noticed the bottle of your favorite cleanser is empty? New anti-aging serum caught your eye but can’t justify purchasing that AND your cleanser? Look to your kitchen for a quick fix and you’ll be happy you did.
Let’s quickly define some terms that are commonly used to describe skin care. Once you have a basic understanding of the terminology you will feel more comfortable grabbing something out of the cabinet.
- Antibacterial: Eliminates growth of bacteria & fungus (soap)
- Antimicrobial: Kills or slows the spread of bacteria (hand sanitizers)
- Astringent: Constricts body tissue – dries out cells
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces redness, swelling & pain
- Antioxidants: Protects cells / helps diminish fine lines & wrinkles
We have only picked a few basic items you may already have in your home to assist you with a quick skin care fix. As with anything new, test it out and see how your skin reacts.
- Natural antioxidant with antimicrobial properties
- Good for sensitive skin / helps with acne
- Raw, natural exfoliator (takes off dull skin allows new cells to emerge)
- 1-2 x’s per week (rinse off after 8-10 minutes)
- Helps with acne & oily skin
- Lightens dark spots & brightens skin
- Use as astringent (apply with cotton ball)
- Vitamin C lightens skin by reducing melanin
- Spot treat pimples to dry out
- Rinse off after 20 min or leave on overnight
- Clear and brighter skin
- Shrinks open pores
- Helps reduce wrinkles
- Lightens dark patches
- Evens out skin tone & moisturizes
- Natural anti-inflammatory & antimicrobial
- Not for oily or acne prone skin – may clog pores
- Use unrefined or organic since it is soaking into your skin (The good stuff!)
- Use as a scrub or exfoliator
- Removes dead skin cells
- Reduces acne / pimples (may dry out)
- 3 x’s a week
- Not recommended for sensitive skin
A little research paired with your normal beauty regimen is a great start to achieving healthy skin. Artistic & Co offers many solutions that will compliment your daily routine for everlasting beautiful skin!
ARTISTIC & CO wishes that women all over the world live beautifully forever. “Beauty” becomes “power to live”. It has an infinite possibility and can be a motive power. We aim to become the world’s leading beauty equipment manufacturer and aim to be a company that makes everyone feels happy. Check out our shop for more information about our products.